Level One will teach you the basics & we may possibly be providing Level Two (further techniques) in the near future!
Level 1 Taster sessions – 2 x 2.5 hours
2 February 2012
Basic Photography skills and Digital Cameras – Compact, Bridge and SLR. Exploring the relationship between basic manual functions such as:
- Exposure: ISO; Shutter speed; Aperture.
- Depth of field.
- White balance.
- Includes 2 x 15 minute hands-on still life sessions where course leaders will help students explore the settings on their own cameras and further explore the exposure triangle.
9 February 2012
Composition and depth of field, including:
- The rule of thirds.
- Making the most of your aperture.
- Includes 2 x 15 minute hands-on sessions to practice the techniques (one outside, weather and light permitting).
- Basic post production techniques (uses Adobe Photoshop, but most tasks can be carried out in other software).
- Downloading photographs to your computer.
- Adjusting white balance and levels.
- Resolution and image size.
- To crop or not to crop.
- Some touch-up tricks.
Jazamin has been a professional photographer (primarily digital SLR) since 2004 and has taken photographs for The Health and Safety Executive (HSE), Black History Month Group, Fortis Media & Diverse Magazine, LCN, Steve Biko HA as well as photographing people’s wedding days. She was a part of Delfina Women Ltd. and now runs Capture Photographers who cater for weddings, civil ceremonies, conferences, and corporate & business events.
Jackie is a graphic designer and photographer with four years’ experience of digital SLR photography, and 20 years’ experience of buying and using photography in her design work, and manipulating and optimising images for different outputs using Adobe Photoshop and other software.
Venue: Bluecoat Centre, Liverpool.
Dates: Thursday evenings; 6.45pm – 9.30pm.
Level One: 12th and 19th January, 2012.
Level Two: 2nd and 9th February 2012.
Tickets: £35 per level (2 sessions) or £65 for both levels booked together.
Participants will need to bring their own camera, however basic or advanced.
LEVEL 2 TASTER SESSIONS ARE TO POSSIBLY BE ARRANGED AT A LATER DATE BASED ON INTEREST: PLEASE GET IN TOUCHIF YOU ARE INTERESTED! LEVEL 2 WILL ALSO BE PRICED AT £35.
Level 2 Taster sessions – 2 x 2.5 hours
Using tripods, lighting and other equipment to make the most of available light. Includes:
- 1 hour outdoor session (weather permitting) to explore long exposure in dark settings.
- Taking long exposure shots for blurred motion.
- Short action photography using lighting & flash to capture the moment.
- Exploring further the techniques from Level 1 Taster sessions.
- Finding out what people would like to cover in the final session.
- More long exposures / action shots.
- Following on from the previous week we will aim for another outdoor session, exploring techniques that students have practiced and to build on knowledge of the exposure triangle.
81% of the people who attended rated the course as excellent & 19% rated it as good. Here are some testimonials from the day!
“Really laid back but informative, flexible enough to go with group questions / suggestions.”
“Really enjoyed the course. Everything was simplified. Lots of time to play with the different settings. Expert knowledge.”
“I really enjoyed today! I had no idea how to use a digital camera before I came, but I feel more confident after today. It is something I intend to practise with as there a few odd bits I am not 100% OK with. Overall it was a thoroughly enjoyable session and one which I will recommend to others.”
“Content was geared to a range of experience of participants appropriately. (The most valuable aspect of the course was the) one to one explanations by each of the trainers when asking about my Canon camera.”
“Very informative and great practical training.”
“The day delivered above expectations. Lots of detailed support available to the group. A very enjoyable day- positive and helpful for future projects.”
“The whole day was great, excellent trainers who explained to people individually.”
“Excellent course, very worthwhile. (It) simplified a lot of the photography jargon.”
“Great day & very informative.”
“Really enjoyable, thank you. (The best thing about the day is) the fact that I can now have a go at taking photos without using auto constantly.”
“Really enjoyed the training. I don’t think it needs improving. (The handouts were) easy to understand.”
“Good teaching, friendly & supportive. (The handouts were) great, simpler than chapters in a book.”
Our photographers Jazamin Sinclair & Jackie Stevens currently deliver our digital photography workshops & are prepared to travel to your venue! Please contact us with all enquiries or to make a booking!